Rheumatology Tasmania is built on a philosophy of holistic assessment and we aim to be a centre of excellence. We provide appropriate, accessible and ethical services. We aim to deliver the best care possible ensuring that you understand what’s happening every step of the way. We pride ourselves on providing a timely response to GP’s either via Healthlink, fax or mail.
Referrals – Useful information to be included
- Brief description of patient symptoms and reason for referral; no diagnosis is required.
- Relevant past history including any relevant surgical history and procedures in brief.
- Copies of letters from other specialists who previously assessed the patient and of discharge summaries from the hospital, as much as it would be related to the patient’s current problem.
- A list of the patient’s recent medications.
- Any allergies or intolerances.
- Most recent investigations including bloodwork and imaging.